Leading Dance with Older People – A 2-day Course
- Event dates:
- 10 October 2017 - 4 November 2017
- Location / Venue:
- Institute of Mental Health,
- Organised by:
- Trent Dementia in collaboration with Alzheimer’s Society and People Dancing UK and Institute of Mental Health
- How to book:
- Booking here.
This 2-day training course on facilitating dance and movement with older people with limited mobility and/or dementia will include input about dementia from an expert, together with practical workshops offering take-away dance tasks to add to your ‘bag’.
Dates: Saturday 7 October and 4 November, 2017
Leading Dance with Older People training will cover:
- Types of dementia
- Symptoms and presentations
- Planning and delivering dance and movement-based sessions
- Ideas for icebreakers, warm-ups, cool downs, creative movement, and themed sessions
- How to use dance and creative movement to promote engagement, mind-body connection and to support a sense of self.
Participants will be given practical tasks to complete between the two sessions. On day 2 we will share experiences, report back and develop ideas through peer supervision.
Thanks to Trent Dementia Services Development Centre, four fully funded bursaries are available. The deadline for applications is 1st September 2017.
To apply, please write up to 200 words making a case for your request for a bursary and stating how people with dementia would benefit if you attended the training.
Email your application with the subject line ‘Dance Bursary’ to Ghazal Mazloumi : [email protected]